Citrus Agricultural Cooperative Migrates to Cloud with VMware on AWS
- Facing expensive hardware refreshes in their colocation environment, a citrus growers’ cooperative needed to migrate their legacy financial application to the cloud.
- Based on their strong trusted relationship with Converge for services including colocation, connectivity, and disaster recovery, the client asked if we could offer VMware on AWS.
- Converge resources partnered to set up and present a POC for the client in less than one week.
- Working closely with VMware, we offered a VMC on AWS cloud service using familiar VMware tools. We provided joint TCO presentations detailing fast acceleration to the cloud, full operational consistency with on-prem SDDC, seamless large-scale workload portability & hybrid operations, global AWS availability, and direct access to native AWS services delivered, operated, and supported by VMware.
- VMC SDDC and I3 hosts were installed through Converge MSP, as well as AWS Direct Connect and S3.
- The Converge VMC on AWS Managed Service Provider offering enables the client to utilize Converge’s service desk, cloud services, and consolidated billing.
- The client is enabled to utilize third-party vendors including VMware, AWS, IBM Power, Cisco, Palo Alto, NetApp, Veeam, and Zerto.
- This project provides significant savings for the client compared to their previous on-premise costs.