Wholesale Beverage Distributor Reconfigures Existing Cisco License Agreements and Environment
A leading wholesale beverage alcohol distributor had Smartnet and Webex renewals fast approaching. They had recently acquired another company and needed a better way to integrate them into their network. Their current Smartnet environment had become too cumbersome and expensive. They were facing the following challenges:
- Needed a way to start migrating users to their Cisco Voice Network and the corresponding UC applications like Webex.
- Current SNT model had limited growth capabilities and flexibility for a constantly changing environment.
- Increased pricing changes and overall contract had become too expensive.
- Struggling justification to their CFO for this massive spending increase on Licensing and Maintenance.
- Unpredictable and complicated licensing processes.
- After actively consulting with the client’s IT leadership team for several months, Converge leveraged a Cisco EA and SNT Agreement to simplify their licensing and equipment maintenance renewals.
- Converge provided a cost-conscious proposal, streamlining their Smartnet support levels and removing items they weren’t utilizing fully or effectively.
The client now has a new three-year agreement that supports their users and covers their infrastructure while allowing for growth as they integrate their new acquisition. This agreement also helps them:
- Simplify the way they manage Cisco licensing and the integration of new users.
- Reduce overall cost with proper Service Levels that support the requirements of the business.
- Preserve cash with Cisco Capital financing options.