Company Reports Record Cashflow from Operations
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 10, 2021 – TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA and GATINEAU, QUÉBEC, CANADA – Converge Technology Solutions Corp. (“Converge” or “the Company”) (TSX:CTS) (FSE:0ZB) (OTCQX:CTSDF) is pleased to provide its financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2021. All figures are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stated.
- Third quarter revenue increased 93% over last year to $367.3 million
- Gross profit increased 60% over last year to $83.8 million
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 29% to $18.9 million from $14.6 million last year
- Record cashflow generated from operations of $48.1 million; an increase of 86% from $25.9 million compared to last year
- ARR from managed services increased by 34% to $81.1 million from $60.7 million last year
- Completed acquisition of REDNET AG, an IT service provider headquartered in Mainz, Germany marking the Company’s official expansion into Europe
- Closed the previously announced acquisitions of Vicom Infinity, Inc. and Infinity Systems Software – two world class providers of IBM mainframe solutions and IBM software and services
- Announced as Ingram Micro’s Blue Series Partner of the Year and CORE Partner of the Year for North America; Received Ingram Micro Cloud Reseller of the Year for the second consecutive year; Secured the 2021 North American Microsoft Surface Reseller of the Year; and Ranked fourteenth on CRN’s 2021 Fast Growth 150 List
- Closed $259 million equity financing at $10.55 per common share in September 2021
- Added to the S&P/TSX Composite Index effective prior to market open on Monday, September 20, 2021
Subsequent to Quarter
- Completed the acquisition of LPA Software Solutions, a provider of business analytics and professional services in analytics, data science, artificial intelligence, financial performance management, data governance, data integration, location analytics, and data sets
- Announced a new Google Cloud Marketplace Solution allowing Converge to offer managed services to IBM and Google clients across North America and Europe
- Achieved AWS Migration Competency status recognizing the Company’s ability to provide proven technology and expertise to help clients successfully move to AWS
- Closed a $35M non-brokered private placement to Converges’ recently formed cybersecurity-focused SaaS entity, Portage CyberTech Inc.
“Converge continues to execute on all aspects of its strategy and we are extremely enthusiastic to have closed our platform acquisition in Europe. The Company continues to invest in talent and expand its service capabilities to its customers across North America and Europe, as reflected in our very impressive recurring revenue managed services growth” stated Shaun Maine, CEO of Converge. “Additionally, the Company ended the quarter with $210 million of cash on-hand driven by extremely strong free cash generation from our business, with $190 million in available capacity under our ABL credit facility.”
Conference Call Details:
Date: Thursday, November 11th, 2021
Time: 8:00 AM Eastern Time
Participant Dial-in Numbers:
Toll Free – North America (+1) 888 708 0720
Toll Free – International (929) 517 9011
Germany – 0800 181 5287
United Kingdom – 0800 028 8438
Conference ID: 1936798
Recording Playback Numbers:
Toll Free – (855) 859 2056
Alternative Number – (800) 585 8367
Expiry Date: November 18th, 2021
A live audio webcast and archive of the conference call will be available by visiting the Company’s website at https://convergetp.com/investor-relations/. Please connect at least 15 minutes prior to the conference call to ensure time for any software download that may be needed to hear the webcast.
Converge Technology Solutions Corp. is a software-enabled IT & Cloud Solutions provider focused on delivering industry-leading solutions and services. Converge’s regional sales and services organizations deliver advanced analytics, cloud, and cybersecurity offerings to clients across various industries. The Company supports these solutions with managed services, digital infrastructure, and talent expertise offerings across all major IT vendors in the marketplace. This multi-faceted approach enables Converge to address the unique business and technology requirements for all clients in the public and private sectors. For more information, visit convergetp.com.
For further information contact:
Converge Technology Solutions Corp.
Email: [email protected]
Summary of Condensed Interim Consolidated Statements of Financial Position
(expressed in thousands of dollars)
Summary of Condensed Interim Consolidated Statements of Income (Loss) and Comprehensive Income (Loss)
(expressed in thousands of dollars)
Summary of Condensed Interim Consolidated Statements of Cash Flows
Adjusted EBITDA (Non-IFRS Financial Measurement)
Adjusted EBITDA represents net loss or income adjusted to exclude amortization, depreciation, interest expense and finance costs, foreign exchange gains and losses, income tax expense, and special charges. Special charges consist primarily of restructuring related expenses for employee terminations, lease terminations, and restructuring of acquired companies, as well as certain legal fees or provisions related to acquired companies. From time to time, it may also include adjustments in the fair value of contingent consideration, and other such non-recurring costs related to restructuring, financing, and acquisitions. The Company uses Adjusted EBITDA to provide investors with a supplemental measure of its operating performance and thus highlight trends in its core business that may not otherwise be apparent when relying solely on IFRS financial measures. The Company believes that securities analysts, investors and other interested parties frequently use non-IFRS measures in the evaluation of issuers. Management also uses non-IFRS measures in order to facilitate operating performance comparisons from period to period, prepare annual operating budgets and assess the ability to meet capital expenditure and working capital requirements.
Adjusted EBITDA is not a recognized, defined or standardized measure under IFRS. The Company’s definition of Adjusted EBITDA will likely differ from that used by other companies and therefore comparability may be limited. Adjusted EBITDA should not be considered a substitute for or in isolation from measures prepared in accordance with IFRS. Investors are encouraged to review the Company’s financial statements and disclosures in their entirety and are cautioned not to put undue reliance on non-IFRS measures and view them in conjunction with the most comparable IFRS financial measures. The Company has reconciled Adjusted EBITDA to the most comparable IFRS financial measure as follows:
This press release contains certain “forward-looking information” and “forward-looking statements” (collectively, “forward-looking statements”) within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation regarding Converge and its business. Any statement that involves discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, assumptions, future events or performance (often but not always using phrases such as “expects”, or “does not expect”, “is expected” “anticipates” or “does not anticipate”, “plans”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “forecasts”. “estimates”, “believes” or intends” or variations of such words and phrases or stating that certain actions, events or results “may” or “could, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken to occur or be achieved) are not statements of historical fact and may be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable, are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors which may cause the actual results and future events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Except as required by law, Converge assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements of beliefs, opinions, projections, or other factors, should they change. The reader is cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
For a detailed description of the risks and uncertainties facing the Company and its business and affairs, readers should refer to the Company’s filings statement available on SEDAR under the Company’s profile at www.sedar.com including its most recent Annual Information Form, its Management Discussion and Analysis and its Annual and Quarterly Financial Statements.