Migrate To Modernize
Now more than ever, application modernization is at the heart of an organization’s digital transformation initiatives, and the speed at which they can transform is directly related to their cloud adoption. Converge Technology Solutions’ migrate to modernize philosophy enables our clients to leverage AWS’s platform and services to realize their digital transformation goals.
Organizations can drive innovation in the cloud by leveraging prebuilt services like Amazon Personalize to improve customer engagement or Amazon Forecast for better modeling of inventory and customer product demand. Overall, we are seeing clients migrate to modernize work from home capabilities with services like Amazon WorkSpaces, or leverage VMware Cloud on AWS to reduce data center footprint for operational agility and use total cost of ownership (TCO) savings to fund modernization efforts.
Converge’s AWS cloud migration consulting and services delivery team leverages AWS programs and best practices to de-risk and accelerate the adoption of an AWS cloud-first strategy, which allows organizations to achieve their innovation and digital transformation goals.
AWS HPC Migration Use Case Healthcare and Migration Use Case Transportation
Common AWS Migration Activities
- Conduct Migration Readiness Assessment with all key stakeholders
- Leverage AWS and Converge funding programs for application modernization proof of value (POV) and pilots
- Review of workloads to determine appropriate migration type
- Conduct AWS Immersion Days for overview of commonly used Amazon services:
– Amazon Landing Zone and AWS Control Tower
– Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for distributed applications — leverage auto-scale for part of application
– Simple Storage Services (S3) for application object storage and backup targets
– RDS for DBaaS and replacing existing RDBMS
- Implement AWS security and governance best practices and ensure understanding of AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- Align migration strategy to workloads and utilize services like Migration Hub, CloudEndure, and Database Migration Service
- Utilize Amazon CloudWatch for monitoring and AWS CloudTrail for logging
- Create formal training plan and cost optimization plan
Our Cloud Practice specializes in AWS cloud native and hybrid migrations. Our capabilities include both professional and managed services and a full suite of assessments designed to support our clients at any stage during their cloud journey.
Our Team of 50+ dedicated experts provide end-to-end support for our clients’ cloud initiatives. Our team is comprised of highly certified AWS cloud specialists that range from consultants to architects to engineers. We have a strong focus on the operational aspects of cloud initiatives, which allows our team of experts to help clients with DevOps, CloudOps, FinOps, Automation, and overall tools rationalization for their cloud adoption.
Our Success drives measurable business outcomes through our strategic, transformative thought leadership coupled with our innovative, multi-vendor, technology solutions.
AWS Well-Architected Review By Converge Technology Solutions
Are you looking to optimize your AWS infrastructure? Want to ensure it’s secure, high-performing, and cost-effective? Then you need an AWS Well-Architected Review performed by Converge Technology Solutions!
Our team of AWS certified architects will assess your architecture across the five pillars of the Well-Architected Framework: operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization. We’ll provide you with a detailed report and recommendations to help you achieve your business goals.
Don’t leave your AWS infrastructure to chance. Trust Converge Technology Solutions for a comprehensive AWS Well-Architected Review.
VMware Cloud on AWS
Converge Technology Solutions accelerates organizations’ cloud migrations by leveraging VMware Cloud on AWS, a jointly engineered hybrid cloud by VMware and AWS. Our unique services for building hybrid clouds, along with our rich heritage in data center solutions and AWS cloud native skills, allow Converge to enable a “migrate-to-modernize” strategy for our clients.
With Converge’s strong capabilities in application modernization and experience helping customers achieve cloud-first directives, our clients can invest the TCO saving gained by leveraging VMware Cloud on AWS to fund their modernization initiatives that power strategic company initiatives.
Converge’s Cloud Advisor program provides our clients with a highly certified AWS resource who turns information from Cost Explorer, or CloudHealth, into Actionable Insight. We ensure all stakeholders have meaningful insight into their AWS consumption.
Custom Dashboards, Reports, and Perspectives
- Monthly Cost Optimization Review Sessions
- Architect to Save
- Identify Cost Savings with 3rd-Party Managed Services
- Top AWS Services Review for Anomalies
- Establish Tagging Best Practices
- Establish Budgets
- Rightsizing Instances Reviews
- Create Perspectives
- Establishing Governance Policies
- Tagging and Governance Customer Case Study
AWS Managed Billing
Management of Billing, No Cost to the Customer, and Assignment of Cloud Advisor
With tens of millions in annual recurring revenue of direct AWS spend under contract, Converge has the experience, expertise, and flexibility to help our clients process cloud consumption billing that aligns to their current procurement process. We provide:
- Review of Spend and Forecast
- Cloud Center of Excellence Reporting for all Stakeholders
- Savings Plans and EDP Negotiations Recommendations
- Save Recommendations for Top 3 Services by Spend
- Support of Customized AWS Invoicing
- Managed AWS Marketplace Purchases to Align with Current Procurement Processes
AWS Cost Management Webinar
Watch the replay of our our Cloud Advisor team demonstrating how to drive the maximum amount of savings with the minimum amount of effort and commitments for your AWS bill.
Resources And Content
Cloud Native Journey on AWS
Reimagining the Desktop Experience for the Modern Workplace (Part 1)
by Mick Bisignani
Dec 16, 2021
App Modernization Is Key to Successful Cloud Migration
by John Flores
May 13, 2021
Work from Home and the SaaS Imperative
by Mick Bisignani
Feb 11, 2021
What Does Multicloud Look Like in the New Era?
Jan 11, 2022
Reimagining the Desktop Experience for the Modern Workplace (Part 2)
by Mick Bisignani
Dec 23, 2021
Cloud as IT Oxygen: 2021 Predictions
by Mick Bisignani
Apr 8, 2021
How Digital Transformation Can Be Powered by CloudIT
by Mick Bisignani
Jan 6, 2021
Latency. The Cloud Experience Killer!
by Owain Parker and Jason Asbell
Dec 14, 2021
Finding Peace in Cloud Migrations
by Paul Ward
May 26, 2021
Can the Cloud Save Our Economy?
by Phil Turner
Mar 11, 2021
No Need To Go It Alone – Your Cloud Journey
by Steve Gruber
Dec 8, 2020