It is not surprising that every organization needs to have a business continuity plan in their back pocket, ready to use at a moment’s notice. Business continuity is more than just having a single point in time daily backup; the need is for a full recovery that achieves the business-defined RTO and RPO. Many organizations still lack a solution to solve for business continuity, as it has been cost-prohibitive.
If you do not have a true business continuity solution, it is time to give AWS Elastic Disaster Recovery (AWS DRS) a try. The AWS DRS solution can provide an extremely low RTO/RPO while keeping costs economical. Disaster recovery is a great use of cloud resources as we no longer need to make commitments to colocations or infrastructure costs for recovery locations.
- AWS DRS solution allows organizations to quickly and reliably restore business services from your on-premises or cloud-based applications into AWS.
- The AWS DRS solution is an agent-based deployment, the agent can be installed on physical or virtual machines across your organization, and it supports a variety of operating systems.
- Perform non-disruptive failover test and periodic drills.
- Automated launch of systems on AWS within minutes and when the time is right failback to your on-premises environment when ready.
- Customers rarely like to test because it’s a time-consuming activity and disruptive, however the automation and simplification encourage frequent drills, even at scale, enabling you to be better prepared for a disaster.
- Automated support provides a simplified and expedited experience to failback instances to the original region and both failover and failback processes can be conveniently started from the AWS Management Console.
- AWS can be used irrespective of whether your applications are on-premises or in AWS.
Could AWS DRS make you a hero in your organization?